Nuffnang

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Edible Balcony - Brekkie on the Run

This is my idea of a fast food breakfast.

A bunch of balcony Tub Toms were ripe for the picking this morning.
They were so incredibly fragrant and perfumed - even the stalks were aromatic.

It was just a case of a quick snip, a wash under the tap and a few basil leaves to make some fresh pesto.... et voila!

... fresh sliced tomatoes with pesto on toasted turkish bread with some freshly cracked pepper and a drizzle of olive oil

The tomatoes were incredibly sweet and luscious. I don't think I'll ever eat a supermarket tomato again.

At least I know now what a REAL tomato should taste like!

3 comments:

  1. Supermarket tomatoes are generally tasteless, even the ones still on the vine. It's amazing how good a home grown tomato can taste, huh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda,
    Glad you enjoyed my brekkie! Indira

    Hi Simon,
    there's no comparison ... supermarket tomatoes are mealy and flavourless and homegrown is why they're called love apples I guess... I lerve them. Indira

    ReplyDelete