Nuffnang

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Foreign Cinema (restaurant) San Francisco, California

My step daughter Alice, now a San Franciscan local, took us to Foreign Cinema, in the Mission district, for dinner last Saturday night. Half the restaurant is indoors with an open fireplace and glassed walls. The other half is in a huge outdoor heated courtyard under a black canopy with fairy lights with an exposed white brick wall at one end which is used to project ...you guessed it....classic foreign films!!! It was the most magical setting for a meal I think I have ever experienced.
Sadly my little lumix camera couldn't cope with the low light levels so no great food snaps for you. I can tell you that we shared a baked fromager d'affinois with grilled witlof and black olive tapenade for appetisers, delicious steamed fish in green curry coconut broth, and grilled organic pork chop with mash and fennel.









View Larger Map

1 comment: