Nuffnang

Thursday, May 28, 2009

What were you eating one year ago today?


Tough question I know. Only the most obsessive diary-keeping foodies would be able to answer that. For me the answer is as easy as it is unforgettable. I was on Lake Como with my best mate Masha celebrating my 40th birthday at the Locanda Dell'Isola Comacina Ristorante (http://www.comacina.it/). The famous restaurant is perched on a centuries-old fortified convent on the only island on the lake. The only way to get there from the mainland is by boat (or a twenty minute swim if you are Ian Thorpe!)
The Lake was languid and blue, the air was spring crisp and Masha and I were about to experience a meal which will remain unrivalled in its exquisiteness and its simplicity. Buon Appetito!

1 comment:

  1. Sigh - nice one! And happy birthday, sweetie! I think I was probably downing a pho in Marrickville!

    ReplyDelete