Nuffnang

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Edible Balcony - Mr Bee Pays A Visit

Well, as I mentioned in my last post the borage has been a delicious addition to the edible balcony. But it's also been a wonderful attractant for bees which, believe me, is hard to do when your plants are 300 metres up in the air!

I planted them in hanging baskets from seed in late January so they've taken about 3 months to flower. The plants are deep rooted and robust and are prolific flowerers.

..... and  they're irrestible to bees.... (coming in from the left)

drink up and enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Borage is beautiful, and for those of us with ground-level gardens, borage is happy to self seed about the garden for an ongoing supply of helpful and colourful cheer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are just so beautiful. Reminds me of the beautiful sunshine when I was living in Sydney. Ahh makes me want to come back from the Wild West ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your photos these days Indira- beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree - your photo's are great...

    I have an award for you over on my blog, A Dash Of Flavour (www.adashofflavour.blogspot.com). I hope you will come and pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos! Well done Mr Bee for finding the flowers right up there.

    ReplyDelete